- GTC investments in Romania and Bulgaria won the CEE Green Building Awards
- Two office developments and a shopping mall developed by GTC were awarded in the category of “LEED application in progress”
GTC emphasizes increasingly greater value to the sustainability and pro-ecological nature of its properties, which is resulting from its concern for the long-term sensitivity to the environment protection, as well as meeting the expectations of tenants, real estate investors and Company’s shareholders. Last week, three projects developed by GTC were awarded for their “green” solutions in the CEE Green Buildings Awards.
The CEE Green Building Awards contest is organized by Europaproperty.com (real estate industry publisher) and the Association of Green Building Professionals. LEED, BREEAM or EU GreenBuilding certification or pre-certification is a must for all competing projects. This year, three projects developed by GTC, including the exisitng City Gate office complex in Bucharest, Romania, and another two commercial properties under development – Ana Tower, also located in the Romanian capital and Galleria Burgas in Bulgaria – have been awarded in the category of “LEED application in progress”.
“Since 2010, the vast majority of GTC commercial projects have been built in compliance with standards that enable them to meet the requirements of LEED certification. Such factors as rational use of natural resources, building location, energy efficiency, water conservation, limiting CO2 emissions, the quality of the microclimate inside the building, and the selection of construction and finishing materials are the highest priorities for us” – says Piotr Kroenke, General Director and member of the Management Board of GTC. “The CEE Green Building Awards, granted by professionals in this field, confirms that our efforts are going in the right direction” – adds Piotr Kroenke.
The CEE Green Buillding Awards were handed out at a gala event on 30 November 2011 at the Warsaw Marriott. The contest was held in 8 categories and included nearly fourty projects existing or under development in fifteen cities of seven CEE contries.
Awarded projects of GTC
- City Gate is one of the best performing office projects in the Romanian capital. It has a total rental space of 47,000 sq m and is located in the most prestigious business district of Bucharest. The complex includes retail space on the ground floor, two eighteen-storey towers, and a three-level underground garage providing more than 1,000 parking spaces. Both towers of the complex are nearly 90% leased. Some of the most prominent tenants are: Microsoft, Millennium Bank, Romtelecom, Hoffmann – La Roche, Rompetrol, and Autoitalia. The building was completed in 2010.
- The Ana Tower building, will be located in the close vicinity of City Gate. Ana Tower will provide approximately 30,000 sqm of A-class office space located on 24 floors in the most attractive office destination in Bucharest, in the north part of the city. Tenants and visitors of the property will enjoy, apart from the prestigious location and high standard offices, many amenities that include also two hotels located next to the building and excellent public transportation access.
- Galleria Burgas is being developed by GTC Bulgaria and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). The mall will provide approx. 36,500 sq m of net rentable area and 1,200 parking spaces. The centre will be the first modern object of this type in the south-eastern part of Bulgaria. Galleria Burgas is scheduled to be commissioned in spring 2012.